163 Charming Courtyard Chartreuse | Sleeps 14
- Holiday Rental Chartreuse, Nr Bergerac, Dordogne, France
- Sleeps up to 16 with 7 bedrooms, many en-suite
- 14m x 7m heated swimming pool with summer kitchen
- WIFI, table tennis, games room, bicycles, dining terrace
- Walkable to local village with bar and restaurant
- 20 mins to Bergerac Airport and Dordogne river
- From £4,000 to £5,750 per week rental
The Chartreuse offers accommodation for up to 14 people plus cots. The reception rooms are elegant and spacious, and spill out to the outside terraces where you have views over the private and mature grounds.
The kitchen is well equipped with a large breakfast room area and seating for more than the 14 guests. There is a spacious sitting room with large screen TV. There is also a snug off the kitchen area. Above the kitchen is a mezzanine study area as well. There is also a dining room. There is a Games Barn with a full size pool table and other games and toys. The bicycles are also stored in here.
The Chartreuse bedrooms are all of a good size with many having en-suites.
There are 7 bedrooms;
- Bedroom 1 is on the first floor and is a king-size bedrooms with an en-suite bath and shower room across the corridor as well as a large dressing room.
- Bedroom 2 is on the second floor and is a twin bedroom with an en-suite shower-room. The ceiling is open to the stairwell so makes an ideal family suite with Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 3 is on the first floor and is a double bedroom with a shared family shower-room with Bedroom 4.
- Bedroom 4 is on the first floor and is a double bedroom with a shared family shower-room with Bedroom 3.
- There is also an additional living room that is shared between Bedroom 3 and Bedroom 4 with TV and sofa-bed.
- Bedroom 5 is on the ground floor and is a double bedroom with en-suite bathroom (with shower over).
- Bedroom 6 is on the ground floor and is a double bedroom with shared family bathroom with bedroom 7.
- Bedroom 7 is on the ground floor and is a double bedroom with shared family bathroom with bedroom 6.
You approach the Chartreuse through formal gates into the beautiful gardens and then through the inner gates into the courtyard. The Chartreuse gardens has many mature trees providing complete privacy. The pool is fully fenced (glass panels) and very private. The pool is large at 14m x 7m and is heated. The covered summer kitchen is beautiful with dining and seating areas with views over the pool. The Guardians are on site but are in a completely separate cottage which does not overlook the swimming pool area at all and you will have complete privacy.
The pretty Dordogne riverside village of La Fleix is walkable and it has amenities such as a boulangerie, small grocery and restaurant/bar. The Dordogne river-side town of Bergerac with an International Airport, old town and beautiful quay is just a 15 minute drive away. St Foy le Grande with a fabulous Saturday morning market is a 15 minute drive away. The Saturday morning market is one of the best in the area. In addition, you will find many more shops, bars and restaurants here.
The Chateau is ideally positioned just 15 minutes drive from Bergerac International Airport making it an easy final destination. Ryanair flies here from London Stansted, Liverpool, Nottingham, Bristol, East Midlands and Brussels. Flybe flies into Bergerac from London Gatwick, Southampton, Birmingham, Manchester, Exeter and Edinburgh. British Airways flies from London City Airport. There are also interconnecting flights to Belfast, Glasgow, Dundee and Newcastle with Flybe. Jet2 flies to Leeds Bradford Airport. Transvania flies to Rotterdam. IGAvion flies to Nice
The vibrant city of Bordeaux is 1hr 15 minutes away, with a larger International Airport servicing even more UK and Worldwide destinations. There are also TGV links to Paris at Libourne which is approximately a 50 minute drive away.