160 Medieval Riverside Chateau | Sleeps 20
- Holiday Rental Chateau, near Villeneuve, SW France
- Sleeps up to 20 with 9 bedrooms, most en-suite
- Stunning river-side views and dining terrace
- Heated 10m x 5m swimming pool
- 50 mins to Bergerac Airport
- From £5500 to £9500 rental per week
The Chateau is hidden away behind large impressive trees down the long driveway. The beauty of the Chateau does not hit you until you enter under the stone arch and in towards the main Chateau. With 9 bedrooms, this Chateau is ideal for large groups of family and friends as well as for specialist groups such painting courses and yoga retreats .
The Chateau reception rooms are out of this world. The kitchen is extremely modern and very well equipped with 4 hobs and a grill plate on the island and 2 ovens as well as dishwasher, microwave, American Fridge Freezer, coffee machine etc. There is also a small table with seating for approximately 6. The door from the kitchen leads out onto the river-side terrace so ideal for alfresco dining. The Chateau also has a downstairs WC between the Kitchen and the Dining Room. The smaller Dining Room next to the kitchen can seat 10-12 easily and also opens out on the riverside dining terrace. The Cinema Room has 3 sofas so plenty of seating and offers UK television as well as a DVD library. There is also a large Living Room with 3 more sofas. In addition there is a vaulted Dining Room which can easily seat 20 guests as well as another small prep kitchen and WC and Shower-room.
On the first floor, there is also a Gym and additional kitchen and living area for Bedrooms
To get to most of the bedrooms there is an impressive spiral stone staircase but Bedroom 7 and 8 are on the ground floor.
- Bedroom 1 which is dual facing and overlooks the river and gardens is out of this world and massive. It has a king-size bed and a seating area. It is an ideal bridal suite. It connects with Bedroom 2 but this door can be locked shut. The en-suite shower-room has a large walk in shower, WC and Sink.
- Bedroom 2 is next door and is a smaller room but it still has a king-size bed. The window overlooks the river and the en-suite has a bath and a shower as well as WC and sink.
- Bedroom 3 is a double bedroom and is accessed from the smaller stairway next to the kitchen. It has a shower-room next door and has a door to direct access this room if it is not being shared with Bedroom 9. Again this bedroom has beautiful river views.
- Bedroom 4 is another grand bedroom with two double beds in. It has an en-suite shower-room with small balcony.
- Bedroom 5 and 6 are in the "apartment" which is accessed through the Gym room. These are smaller bedrooms but still lovely.
- Bedroom 5 is a double bedroom.
- Bedroom 6 is a single bedroom.
- In the apartment there is also an additional kitchen and living area as well as a small dining room so ideal for larger groups where part of the party may want more privacy. There is a family bathroom to share between Bedroom 5 and Bedroom 6.
- Bedroom 7 is on the ground floor accessed through the Living Room. It has a beautiful open fire and 2 double beds. From Bedroom 7 you can access Bedroom 8 making it an ideal family suite.
- Bedroom 8 has 2 single beds.
- Bedroom 9 is between Bedroom 3 and Bedroom 2 and as such is normally set up as a day room but it can be made into a double bedroom.
- Please see the floor-plan for full details and location of all the bedrooms.
Outdoor LivingThis breathtaking Chateau is ideal for holidays throughout the year. As well as ideal for summer holidays, the Chateau is fully centrally heated and heated throughout the winter months which is included in the holiday prices. There are also roaring open log fires in majestic stone fireplaces. For the summer months, the Chateau is geared towards outside living.
The river-side dining terrace is out of this world with stunning waterside views. The dining table seats 20 easily and there is a large Gas BBQ. The gardens are immaculate with a beautiful path leading down to the heated saltwater swimming pool which 10m x 5m. It has a security shutter for pool safety as well as fountains for pleasure.The pool is extremely private. There are plenty of recliners and additional seating. There is a path that leads down to the riverside and a small jetty to fish from.
There is an open lawned area for ball games and woodland walks for the more energetic, if they can tear themselves away from the pool area.
The pretty Lot riverside village of St Sylvestre sur Lot is a 5 minute drive or a 20 minute boat ride. It has all the amenities you could want such as a boulangeries, supermarket, restaurants. it is also possible to hire boats here . Villeneuve a much larger town is a 10 minute drive away. The Dordogne river-side town of Bergerac with an International Airport, old town and beautiful quay is a 50 minute drive away.
The Chateau is ideally positioned just 50 minutes drive from Bergerac International Airport making it an easy final destination. Ryanair flies here from London Stansted, Liverpool, Nottingham, Bristol, East Midlands and Brussels. Flybe flies into Bergerac from London Gatwick, Southampton, Birmingham, Manchester, Exeter and Edinburgh. British Airways flies from London City Airport. There are also interconnecting flights to Belfast, Glasgow, Dundee and Newcastle with Flybe. Jet2 flies to Leeds Bradford Airport. Transvania flies to Rotterdam. IGAvion flies to Nice
The vibrant city of Bordeaux is 2hrs away with a larger International Airport servicing even more UK and Worldwide destinations. The city of Toulouse is also a 2 hour drive away.