Romantic 17th Century Chateau set in beautiful Estate SEFR151
- Holiday and Wedding Rental Chateau, Lot et Garonne, SW France
- Sleeps up to 16 with 8 bedrooms
- Saltwater 12m x 6m swimming pool with summer kitchen
- Fully catered options can be arranged -ideal for weddings, courses and retreats
- 5 minutes to local village with shops, restaurants and bars
- Close to 3 International Airports
- From £4375 to £5625 plus wedding supplement
The ground floor has a large kitchen, study, formal living room, play room and a large dining room with an impressive hallway that sweeps from front to the back of the property. There is an additional small kitchen/serving room off the main dining room in the tower. There are two downstairs loos. The windows are large and luminous throughout not only making the inside of the Chateau light and bright but offering spectacular views of the park, estate and the French countryside.
First Floor:The First Floor has three double bedrooms and a family shower-room.
- Bedroom 1 has a king size bed (160cm) with WC and Dressing Room
- Bedroom 2 has a king size bed (160 cm)
- Bedroom 3 has a king size bed (160 cm)
- The Family shower room is large and well placed for all three bedrooms
Second Floor;The second floor accommodates the Bridal Apartment. This area is ideal for the Bridal party as it is completely self sufficient to the main Chateau allowing space and privacy especially on the day of the wedding. The Bridal Apartment offers the following accommodation;
- Bedroom 4 - Large bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite bathroom with roll top bath and Dressing Room. This room has stunning views over the gardens towards the swimming pool.
- Living Room and additional fitted kitchen.
The Third floor is set into the eaves but the 4 bedrooms here are still a good size.
- Bedroom 5 is a twin bedroom or can be made into a super king if required
- Bedroom 6 has a king size bed (160cm) and it has it’s own access to the Family shover room.
- Bedroom 7 has a king size bed (160cm)
- Bedroom 8 has a super king size bed and a dressing room in the tower.
The Chateau is a perfect spot to enjoy the French outdoor life. The Chateau is set privately in 7 hectares of formal gardens, park and woodland. The views accross the valley are out of this world. At the back of the Chateau leading from the Hallway is a large terrace and an archway then leads onto the garden towards the pool. The saltwater pool is 12m x 5m with additional roman steps. There is a lovely barn to the side of the pool with fridge and summer kitchen area. In addition there are 2 larger barns which can be used for events. For Weddings, the grounds offer many possibilities including the terrace for the ceremony, the barns for a wet weather plan etc. There is also an exterior WC. Please enquire for additional information on wedding packages. There is also overflow accomodation that is a walkable distance away for additionl non-staying guests.
The Chateau is set in the quiet countryside of the Lot-et-Garonne but just a 5 minute drive from a lovely French village which has shops, bars and restaurants as well as a swimming lake with a beach and cafe. The Canal du Midi and village of Villefon is just a 15 minute drive away. The River Lot which is close by has beaches, canoeing, sailing and other activities. The area is full of beautiful bastide villages with daily morning markets and restaurants to suit every budget including many Michelin star restaurants. For the more energetic, there are great golf courses, equestrian stables, hiking trails all close by.
The Chateau is ideally positioned between 3 International Airports making it an easy final destination. The Dordogne river-side town of Bergerac with its Internation Airport is 1hr 30 minutes away. Ryanair flies here from London Stansted, Liverpool, Nottingham, and Bristol. There are also flights to London City Airport with British Airways. as well as interconnecting flights to Belfast, Glasgow, Dundee and Newcastle with Flybe. Jet2 flies to Leeds Bradford Airport and Transvania flies to Rotterdam. The vibrant city of Bordeaux is 1hr 20 minutes away, with a larger International Airport servicing over 95 UK and Worldwide destinations. In addition, Toulouse Airport is approximately 1hr 45 mins drive to the south - again a large International Airport
Our OpinionA truly beautiful French Wedding Venue!!
Where to find us
Availability & Booking
All bookings with Simply Aquitaine have a no-penalty cancellation policy up to 48 hours before arrival date.