Fairytale French Chateau with Heated Swimming Pool SEFR120
- Holiday Rental Chateau, Lot et Garonne, SW France
- Sleeps up to 16 with 8 bedrooms all en-suite
- Saltwater heated swimming pool with summer kitchen
- Fully catered options can be arranged -ideal for weddings, courses and retreats
- Walkable to local village with restaurant and shop
- 50 mins to Bergerac Airport and Dordogne river
- From £3150 to £8000 per week (shorter stays out of season allowed)
The Chateau has an ideal layout for families and Group Bookings. There is plenty of living space downstairs with a large more formal sitting room as well as a comfy family room. There is also a separate study for those who may need to work whilst here and WIFI throughout the Chateau. In addition there is a large kitchen with plenty of seating. The grand Hallway links all these rooms together and also offers a spacious dining area that seats up to 12. There is an additional dining table in the Kitchen.
All eight bedrooms are large and spacious and have their own en-suites. The bedrooms are split over two floors. Bedrooms 1 to 2 are on the second floor whilst Bedrooms 3 to 8 are on the first floor. Each room has the space for a cot.
On the Second Floor:
- Bedroom 1 has a king size bed and has an en-suite shower room in one of the towers.
- Bedroom 2 has 2 small double beds and again an en-suite shower room set into one of the towers.
- Bedroom 3 has a king size bed and the en-suite shower-room is set into the tower
- Bedroom 4 has twin beds with a separate en-suite shower-room and WC
- Bedroom 5 has a king-size bed and the en-suite shower-room is set into the tower
- Bedroom 6 has twin beds and a large bathroom with roll top bath
- Bedroom 7 has twin beds and a shower-room with WC
- Bedroom 8 has a king-size bed and a shower-room with WC
The Chateau is a perfect spot to enjoy the French outdoor life. The Chateau is set privately in 11 acres of landscaped gardens. The saltwater pool is 10m x 5m with additional roman steps. It is heated and surrounded by fencing and a locking gate. The old “Sechoir” is full of charm and has been converted into a Dining Terrace and BBQ area with daily seating for 18. There is also a summer kitchen and games room upstairs with large screen TV, small pool table, babyfoot and table tennis. The sechoir offers a wet weather plan for a wedding as it can seat up to 60 on long trestle tables. For Weddings, the grounds offer many possibilities including the ceremony taking place in the Orchards.
The Chateau is set in the quiet countryside of the Lot-et-Garonne but with just a short walk into the village of Le Temple sur Lot where you will find a depot de pain/shop/bar and the "Commanderie" restaurant. There is also the infamous Lily Gardens that has a small cafe/restaurant. The River Lot has beaches, canoeing, sailing and other activities. The beach at Castelmoron in only 5 minutes away.
The Chateau is ideally positioned between 3 International Airports making it an easy final destination. The Dordogne river-side town of Bergerac with its International Airport is just under an hour away. Ryanair flies here from London Stansted, Liverpool, Nottingham, and Bristol. Flybe flies into Bergerac from London Gatwick, Southampton, Exeter and Edinburgh. There are also interconnecting flights to Belfast, Glasgow, Dundee and Newcastle with Flybe. Jet2 flies to Leeds Bradford Airport and Transvania flies to Rotterdam. Twinjet also now flies from Bergerac to Paris. The vibrant city of Bordeaux is 1hr 20 minutes away, with a larger International Airport servicing over 95 UK and Worldwide destinations. In addition, Toulouse Airport is approximately 1hr 30 mins drive to the south - again a large International Airport