155 Stunning Gascon Wedding Chateau | Sleeps 20
- Wedding Rental Chateau, Gers, SW France
- Sleeps up to 20 with 9 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms
- Heated 12m x 6m swimming pool
- Stunning Wedding Barn - seating up to 100 guests
- Quiet countryside setting but 6 minute drive to local village
- 1hr 15 mins to nearest Airport
- Wedding Packages available - 4 night stay minimim
A stunning Chateau set in the heart of Gascony offering luxury accommodation and fantastic event spaces sitting in a 200 hectare estate of formal gardens, rolling countryside, farmland and a beautiful lake. The chateau can sleep up to 20 guests with 9 bedrooms, 5 of which have en-suites. The reception rooms are large and spacious. The kitchen is large enough for everyone to gather and cook together.
The Chateau is a magical place for weddings with the newly renovated (especially for weddings) Chai offering a reception room that can seat up to 100 guests. There are large windows with views over the estate, a stage and an in-house sound system. Throughout the gardens there are numerous areas for different parts of your special day including perhaps the ceremony under the avenue of trees, cocktails on the lawn, dinner around the fountain or brunch by the lake.
The Chateau has a planning and events team to guide you throughout the whole process and then manage the day for you from start to finish. Other services can also be arranged for you such as clay-pigeon shooting, fishing, hot-air ballooning to name just a few. The Chateau although beautifully rural and private is located close to many beautiful bastide villages with plenty of activities going on from Michelin starred restaurants and historical sites to children’s activities such as water parks and acrobranching.
There are 9 bedrooms in the Chateau all full of character and luxurious furnishings.
Ascending the original wooden main staircase, you reach the first floor, which opens onto a large landing hall. On the immediate right is:
- Cardinal Richelieu: A large and luxurious bedroom (81sqm) with super king bed, a grand ensuite bathroom with shower, claw foot bath, 'his and hers' wash hand basins and dressing room access.
- Alexander Dumas: A romantic red room (36sqm) with original French twin double beds and an ensuite bathroom
- Leading off the Alexander Dumas bedroom is the Armoire room (11sqm) very small, yet charming and also with separate access to the red bathroom. There is a single bed for an extra guest or child.
- This leads through to the east tower and the Porthos room.
- Porthos (16.5sqm), a charming room with a double bed and a very light and serene ambience. From Porthos via a staircase from the ground floor, is access upstairs to:
- Monsieur de Treville (18.5sqm) with its sky flying views of the surrounding countryside; a double room with double bed and an adjacent bathroom (13sqm) with bath and shower.
- Returning to the hall landing on the south side is:
- D'Artagnan (28sqm), a room with southerly views over the pool garden towards the Pyrenees, with double bed and ensuite bathroom. Also from the landing and opposite the Alexander Dumas room is:
- Aramis (48sqm), a large spacious bedroom with a king size bed, ensuite bathroom with bath and shower, which gives access via a landing staircase, originating from the ground floor to:
- Lady de Winter (17.5sqm), a room with a king size bed, and then via the staircase to:
- King Louis XIII(20sqm) a bedroom with two or four single beds (as required)
The Chateau is set at the highest point within a 200 hectare estate with formal gardens, tree-lined avenues, woodland, rolling countryside and a 5 hectare lake. There are stunning terraces with spectacular views, shaded areas to just sit and chill, perhaps with a glass of the local Armagnac. There is a large heated swimming pool with plenty of recliners for lazy days and for perhaps a BBQ for the day after the wedding.
For Weddings, the grounds offer many possibilities including the ceremony taking place under the tree-lined avenue or in front of the Chateau or perhaps cocktails on the back lawn. The huge wedding chai is spectacular and offers plenty of space for dining and dancing after should you wish. It too has spectacular views over the estate and has a sense of true french style and living.
An idyllic location in the rolling French countryside. It is a peaceful haven with complete privacy allowing you to have the wedding of your dreams yet it is still located close to many beautiful villages with lots of activities for all generations. If you can tear yourself away from the Chateau with all the activities available here such as fishing, clay-pigeon shooting, boating, walking and cycling, you will find acrobranching and paintballing to name just a couple. These activities can be organised for your wedding event by our planners allowing your dream day to roll into the whole week should you want for your guests.
For the gastronomic, this area is well known and there are restaurants for all tastes and budgets from Michelin starred restaurants to traditional menu du jour restaurants.
The Chateau is ideally positioned between 4 International Airports making it an easy final destination. Tarbes-Lourdes Airport is just 1hr15 minutes drive away with flights from the Uk (Stansted) with Ryanair as well as other flights throughout Europe such as Dublin and Paris. There is also the larger airports of Toulouse (1hr 15 mins) with 29 airlines flying all over the world and Bordeaux (2hr 10 mins) which services over 26 airlines with flights as far afield as Canada and Africa. There is also Biarritz Airport which again is a 2hr 10 mins drive away.